Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Memoirs of A Teenage Girl(Chapter 4)

She sat at her desk, looking at her test paper blankly after Miss Satou left the class. Thousands of questions were storming into her mind, asking the reason she got only 7 marks. And the only answer was, Miss Satou did not like her because she was a nerd.

‘It must be a mistake!!’ Aiko exclaimed. ‘How could Miss Satou being so unfair to you?! I shall ask her. Wait…’

‘NO! I think I did something that had provoked her. If you confront her, your mark will be deducted,’ she said while pulling Aiko’s hand.

‘But you don’t really know the reason, do you?’ Aiko asked. “Let me check it out. You don’t need to worry about me, Miss Satou treats me very well.”

‘NO!! I think she gave me that sort of mark is because I’m a nerd. Never mind. I’m fine with it,’ she insisted while wiping her tears.

‘Chinatsu!!! Miss Satou wants to see you in her office,’ her class monitor shouted. ‘Miss Satou doesn’t seem to be pleased.’

She quickly used her blouse to wipe away her tears, pretending that she did not break down in tears. Then, she walked out the class towards the office to see Miss Satou.

At the office, she saw Miss Satou was sitting at her table, flipping through the assignments done by her class. She comforted herself and she checked her face as if it had tears on it. Cautiously, she knocked the door.

‘Teacher, is there anything that I can help you?’ she asked and forced out a smile.

‘Your assignment and some of your classmates are completely the same. I don’t wish to mark your assignments anymore and please take back your assignment and your friends too. I don’t care who was dishonest. Just take them back and I don’t wish this incident to happen again.’ Miss Satou handed her assignment and her friends’ to her.

‘But teacher..’ she tried to explain what had happened.

‘No buts,’ Miss Satou interrupted. ‘And this is a warning to you all.’

‘Then, I’ll give them back to my friends,’ she said while taking those assignments from Miss Satou. ‘Thank you, teacher.’

She tried not to break down in tears in front of Miss Satou but her tears could not obey her order. She hid her face and swiftly turned away from Miss Satou. Looking at her half-marked assignment, hot tears started streaming from her red eyes. In her mind, countless questions kept on coming in. Why did she refuse to listen to my explaination? Didn’t she know that I was the first in class in exams? Do I need to copy others’ work? Why didn’t you get it?

No comments: