Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Memoirs of A Teenage Girl(Chapter 1)

She was standing on top of the 21-storey high condominium. Tears were rolling down from her cheeks continuously. Her blouse was soaked in tears. Her legs were trembling. With another step, she would be falling from the rooftop and down onto the street. She had known that the very day would be her last day of her life.

‘Why did you treat me like this?’ she murmured, sobbing. ‘Why God treated me unfairly?’ she asked herself.

‘It must be my fault, I was too naïve…it must be….’ her heart answered. ‘I can only blame myself…I can’t blame others…After this, everything would be over…and nobody would remember me…..I’m just a useless girl….Good for nothing……’ her evil mind was urging her to just jump off the condominium and end her life.

*****************

She woke up from her bed. Warm sunlight traveled from her window to her bedside and she could hear birds were chirping outside of her room. Another new day, she though. Reluctantly, she dragged her body from her bed. Entering her bathroom, she saw her reflection on the mirror. ‘What a day,’ she said to herself, sighing. After taking shower, she dressed herself in her school uniform.

‘Good morning, sweetie.’ her mother said to her as she was walking to the dining room to have her breakfast.

‘Good morning.’ she replied. Then, she walked passed her mum and straight away to the front door, preparing to put on her sneakers.

‘Wait! Aren’t you going to have your breakfast?’ her mum shouted at her.

‘I’m not hungry,’ she said softly, thinking that her mum could hear her reply.

With another second, she twisted the door knob and n opened the door. She bolted onto the street, hoping that could meet someone, someone that she adored, deeply buried in her heart but she didn’t want to say that out.

No comments: